In this section you will find information about:
- About Cookies
- Cookies: What are these and what are they used for?
- Types of Cookies
- Cookies Control
- Cookies GRY-OnLine
- Cookies necessary for the operation of the Service
- Personalization cookies
- Advertisment-optimization cookies
- Cookies for advertising optimization
Note – due to technological advancements, means other than cookies, but analogous in function, are now available. These solutions, in general, boil down to storing information on your end device (e.g. on local storage). Wherever this document refers to „cookies,” the particular information also applies to these new technologies, unless explicitly stated otherwise. More information about cookies and their types can be found in the About Cookies section.
We use the information stored by cookies and similar technologies for technical, advertising, and statistical purposes, and to better adapt the service to the individual needs of our users.
The fundamental division of cookies that we use on the GRY-OnLine website is as follows:
- Functional Cookies, i.e. cookies essential to the proper functioning of the service. They serve technical purposes, statistical analysis of traffic, improvement of safety. You can always turn them off using your browser settings, as described in the Cookies Control section, but we do not recommend this because of potential issues with the functioning of the Service. These include both GRY-OnLine S.A.’s first-party, as well as third-party cookies.
First-party cookies on the GRY-OnLine website (i.e. the cookies belonging to GRY-OnLine S.A.) are used for the following purposes:
- ensuring optimization and correct display of the content of the pages;
- ensuring the best delivery and adequacy of page content for the recipient.
Third-party cookies are used for the following purposes:
- aggregation of statistical data regarding the popularity and relevance of particular websites or their elements;
More information about cookies on the GRY-OnLine.com website can be found in the section called Cookies GRY-OnLine.
We hope that the information contained here will work towards your better understanding of how cookies work and reinforce your confidence in our transparency. If you have any additional questions or doubts, please contact us at [email protected].
About Cookies – What are these and what are they used for?
Everyone loves cookies, right? Well, the cookies in question aren’t coming from a bakery. Cookies are small text files used by web browsers. While browsing the Internet, they are stored in the memory of end devices (e.e. laptops, tablets, smartphones). Each cookie is unique to your browser, which means that if you open the same page on another browser or device, the website will not have access to the previous cookie. Note – due to technological advancements, means other than cookies, but analogous in function, are now available. These solutions, in general, boil down to storing information on your end device (e.g. on local storage). Despite the technical peculiarities and different nomenclature, most of the information on this site also applies to these technologies.
The first party cookie contains information that can only be read by the given page. In the case of third-party cookies, things get more complex, because access to them (understood as the ability to save and reading the data in cookies) is available not the website you visit, but to a third party that has saved the third-party cookie. For example, if you visit several sites that include social plugins, e.g. the Facebook’s „Like” button, the third party (Facebook, in this case) saves the third-party cookie on your device so that it knows which sites you have visited and, consequently, what are your interests. However, the websites you have visited do not have access to this cookie and thus, to this information.
In light of the above, it is now assumed that cookies can contain personal data or data that becomes personal when combined with other user-identifying information. That’s why, here at GRY-OnLine S.A. we do our best not only to inform you exactly about what cookies are used on the GRY-OnLine website (see the document named Cookies GRY-OnLine) but also how to disable them (in the document called Cookies Control as well as here).
Cookies have a wide range of applications and can vary depending on the website. Their main objectives are as follows:
- supporting the operations of the website and it’s proper displaying;
- collection of statistical data regarding the user’s behavior on the website;
Types of Cookies
First-party cookies (proprietary cookies) – Files created by the website that is currently being visited. These can only be read by the party that created them.
Third party cookies – as the name suggests, this type of cookies is not generated by the website we visit, but by third parties, e.g. a statistical company that researches traffic on the website we visit. Another example of their use is managing the ads displayed to us, tracking our online activity and decisions made by us, and thus determining the exact content displayed to us.
Session cookies – cookies temporarily stored in the memory of end devices – only for the current session. They are deleted when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies (or permanent) – these cookies are not deleted at the end of a session, and their storage period can reach several years in some cases. Their purpose is identifying the user during subsequent visits to the same page and remembering his/her decisions, such as which threads on a forum they subscribed.
Flash cookies – many websites once used the Adobe Flash Player technology to make their appearance and content more captivating. The Adobe Flash Player technology also generates cookies, but they are different from those generated by browsers. They are bigger and are stored indefinitely on our end devices. They cannot be managed from the browser – you have to do it using the Adobe website. Despite these differences, their function is very similar to HTML cookies. Due to the development of technology and your security, we do not recommend using the Adobe Flash technology in your browser.
Cookies Control – How do I disable cookies?
It is up to you to decide whether cookies will be saved and stored on your end device. You can use the panel at the bottom of this page, as well as the settings menu of the browser you are using, by following the instructions in the help section of these browsers, to disable the cookies.
Examples of ways to deactivate cookies:
- In Internet Explorer click „Tools”, „Internet Options” and then select the „Privacy” tab. The next step is to click on „Advanced” in the „Settings” area and then choose the „block” option for cookies from the same company and other companies. More information – Internet Explorer
- In Google Chrome search engine click „Chrome Menu” in the top right corner, select „Settings” and then expand the „Advanced” settings. Then select the „Content settings” option in the „Privacy and Security” section, then click on the „Cookies” field and set the first slider from above to the „Locked” position. More information – Chrome
- In the Firefox search engine, click „Tools” in the top right-hand corner, select „Options”, „Privacy and security”, and in the „Cookies and website data” section, select „Blocking cookies and website data”. More information – Firefox
- In Microsoft Edge, click „Tools” in the top right corner, select „Settings,” then in the advanced settings and in the „Cookies” section select „Block all cookies”. More information – Edge
- In your browser Safari open the menu, select „Preferences”, then „Privacy” and check „Block all cookies”. More information – Safari
You can also always disable advertising cookies of our partners on the http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ website.
Below you can find sample cookies that are used on our websites, along with a description of their functionality.
agegate, ASPSESSIONID”xyz”, FFOBSERVER[1-2] responsible for correct display and operation of mechanisms within internal services (e.g. font fonts, age verification for video materials)
no longer than 7 days
Legitimate legal interest of GRY-Online (Art. 6 (1) point f) EU GDPR)
web analytics service
Legitimate legal interest of GRY-Online (Art. 6 (1) point f) EU GDPR)
web analytics service Legitimate legal interest of GRY-Online (Art. 6 (1) point f) EU GDPR)